Postgraduate studies aim to:
- Adult continuing education and training, which is subsequent to initial training and provides adults with either the development of already acquired professional / specific / transversal / key competencies, or the acquisition of new competencies, through learning outcomes.
- Continuing higher education, which focuses on the formation and development of transversal / key competencies and competencies specific to a field of activity in CANE or a qualification registered in the National Register of Qualifications in Higher Education, hereinafter referred to as RNCIS.
Postgraduate programs can be:
- Continuing education programs:
- Postgraduate study programs for training and continuous professional development - represents the educational offer for updating / developing new occupational / professional skills.
- Postgraduate study programs - represents the educational offer for training
professional that leads to the development / completion / acquisition of knowledge, attitudes, skills, abilities or professional competencies of a person who already has a university qualification, through new learning outcomes.
- Continuing education postgraduate study programs:
- initiation - are short programs and represent the educational offer for acquiring knowledge, skills, skills according to the needs of CANE activities, new occupations in COR, for learning new technologies, information on changes in the labor market, in general for news determined by scientific and technological evolution of the field, which will subsequently generate training / specialization programs.
- training - represents the educational offer for professional training that leads to the development / completion / acquisition of knowledge, skills, abilities or professional / transversal / key competencies of a person who already has a university qualification through new learning outcomes.
- specialization - represents the educational offer for the acquisition of learning outcomes in the same occupational area / core group in the COR and the development of competencies within the same qualification.
- qualification and requalification - represents the educational offer for professional training that leads to the acquisition of all learning outcomes that allow a person to carry out activities specific to one or more occupations in COR / ISCO-08.